It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online or on mobile.
In order to provide you with the full range of Beelingo.com services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information Beelingo.com and mobile aplications may collect about you;
- how Beelingo.com and mobile aplications will use information we collect about you;
- when Beelingo.com and mobile aplications may use your details to contact you;
- whether Beelingo.com will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the Beelingo.com’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text the Beelingo.com, vote, donate money to a Beelingo.com or create an account using the Beelingo.com’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Beelingo.com (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you're sending in an application to be a contributor on a political party we may need to know your political leanings). When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
Beelingo.com will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that Beelingo.com may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 4 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide.
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to personalise the way Beelingo.com content is presented to you;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries.;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Beelingo.com websites;
Beelingo.com proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
The Beelingo.com may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that the Beelingo.com can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Beelingo.com products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to the Beelingo.com, e.g. on the Beelingo.com message boards or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Beelingo.com services (participation is always voluntary); and for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this-, Local pages will give you detailed information about how Beelingo.comC will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
Beelingo.com will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Beelingo.com. However, sometimes Beelingo.com uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Beelingo.com requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Beelingo.com requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Beelingo.com websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Beelingo.com service, the Beelingo.com may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Beelingo.com reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Beelingo.com may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Beelingo.com. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
These Services and the mobile applications do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Beelingo.com's retention schedule (a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). If you cancel your registration as a Beelingo.com website member and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while Beelingo.com cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute material to Beelingo.com we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, we will only keep copies of entries to a photographic competition for the duration of the competition.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On Beelingo.com websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Please note that during your visits to Beelingo.com websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to the Beelingo.com. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Beelingo.com does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these. Find out more about third party cookies in embedded content.
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through the Beelingo.com website then you can find out how to do this in the Managing Cookies section of the Beelingo.com Privacy & Cookies website. It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalised features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the websites' features.