- Little Masterpieces of Science - Health and Healing
Download the book
One of a series of books, "Little Masterpieces in Science" edited by George Iles, Health and Healing is a collection of articles written by prominent physicians and scientists describing key advances in medicine through the end of the 19th century. Published in 1902, this book includes chapters on Pasteur's work with vaccines, tuberculosis, malaria, pain, eye care, prolonging life and some rules for health.
- Chapter 1 - Escape from Pain, The History of a Discovery by Sir James Paget, M. D.
- Chapter 2 - Jenner and Pasteur by Sir J. R. Bennett, M. D.
- Chapter 3 - Pasteur and His Work by Patrick Geddes and J. Arthur Thomson
- Chapter 4- Tuberculosis and Its Prevention by T. M. Prudden, M. D.
- Chapter 5 - Malaria and Mosquitoes by G. M. Sternberg, M.D.
- Chapter 6 - The Art of Prolonging Life by Robson Roose, M.D, Part 1
- Chapter 6 - The Art of Prolonging Life by Robson Roose, M.D., Part 2
- Chapter 7 - Natural Life and Death by B. W. Richardson, M.D.
- Chapter 8 - Rules for Health by B. W. Richardson, M.D.
- Chapter 9 - Care of the Eyes by Buel P. Colton
- Chapter 10 - Progress of Medicine in the Nineteenth Century by J. S. Billings, M.D.